Sunday, November 21, 2010

Random thoughts

I just finished watching ‘Social Network’. Interesting piece of work, if it’s a true story entirely then even more interesting. It’s not very common that you find people so dedicated or passionate about something that they do some breakthrough interesting piece of work in it.
You can be passionate and still chose to do nothing about. Yes it is a choice.

‎"Sometimes I wonder about my life. I lead a small life - well, valuable, but small - and sometimes I wonder, do I do it because I like it, or because I haven't been brave? So much of what I see reminds me of something I read in a book, when shouldn't it be the other way around? I don't really want an answer. I just want to send this cosmic question out into the void. So good night, dear void."

I love these line from the movie ‘You’ve got mail’. Actually it induces this feeling in me which scares me. Thankfully, I have learnt to ignore it.
If I look back a few years in my life, I know there were things I was passionate about. Things I chose not to do anything about due to various reasons. I told myself I can always come back to those things later and that if I am really into them it will happen on its own. But maybe, I was wrong.
Today I am in a city , away from all the things and all the people that really inspires me and gives me the courage to go on. In a place where I am trying to be passionate about the things in front of me. I just don’t like doing things because I have to. So I am trying to find the right reasons for it. I hope I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you have written in Ur post "small but valuable life"....there are plenty of times when u are so consumed by the moment that all else seems null or unimportant..and later when u try to put ur thoughts in perspective u end up thinking how unimportant and small ur moment had been say when u compare it with the vastness of the universe or the design of nature...is this actually necessary...i beleive the small amazing moments in life or the small pebble on the sea shore are all parts of the unimaginable vastness of the universe, just because it can be held in our imagination doesnt have to belittle it....nothing is small by itself...it is only restricted by our own imagination.

Deepthi said...

@Anonymous: Very true...the beautiful small moments is what really makes our life worth living..:)