Friday, October 8, 2010

I really don't wanna put a title for this one ;)

I thought i just arrived and now i am done with my first sem!! Mumbai is a fast city! ;) I am yet to feel connected to this city but then again I know I take time for things, i don't like to rush it.:)
Each city has it's own flavor. I loved Bangalore for its cool laid back feeling. Loved it even more for the wonderful friends i got from there. And even more for the wonderful moments i had there.:) I don't wanna comment on Mumbai now because its too early and i wanna explore more here. But yea it is a fast city and the mad mba run of mine is adding to it. Everyone is always on the move. Always busy or at least trying to look busy.

Whenever i meet someone here and say i am from Kerala, they will be like "oh wow god's own country. I have heard it's very beautiful." And yea of course i feel proud. :) But I often find people very ignorant about the places and states in their own country. Esp the knowledge of some North Indians (Not alone) about South India. I think at times they think all South Indians belong to chennai or tamil nadu. Like the other day in college someone said 'Happy pongal' to me and i was like 'huh?'. Even after repeating then that I am from Kerala, the person gave me a blank look. :D Trust me, i find it very irritating (like any one else) but then they are stupid and frogs in their own well. Everyone loves their city or town or village they come from even if others may think its the worst place to be. Like Mumbaikars have this strong love for the city, which people coming into the city first time may not understand. But doesn't mean you don't respect it.
Recently,one of my friend's had put up a status saying I hate mumbai and she went on to abuse the busy trains and dirty roads here. Hmmm it was pretty clear that she missed home and was feeling lonely and wanted company. I felt it had nothing to do with Mumbai. We feel connected to a city when we connect with the people in the city.

Like I said every place/city has it's own flavor, you have to wait for your turn to taste it.

3 comments:

Kasturi Shinde Yadav said...

so verrrry true dear ..the place is about the people..i am so very happy that you are able to connect to it coz i am one of those people of that place :) :) Nicely written dear :)Keep writing :)

Kasturi Shinde Yadav said...

Hey and I loved the title OK ;)

Deepthi said...

Thanks shinde!! ;)