Monday, December 3, 2007

Its different!!

I ws orkutin wen the phone rang.Mom picked it up n shouted for me.I ws surprised n happy to hear my old buddy's voice...bt at the same time felt tat somethin ws wrong frm her voice..i could still make tat out..Neways we talked for long n before i kept da phone i made sure she ws ok..bt wen i finally kept da phone and turned,i found my mom starrin at me n askin "Wats so much to talk??"..I snaped back "Dont give me tat...dont u talk like tat wit grandmom??"(I scored...hehe!!)
"Yeah...bt tats my mom!"
"Yeah...n this is my best friend!"
"So wat...its nt da same..its different!!"
I smiled n didnt say anythin...Its different huh!

Family is something that your born into..they watch you as you take your first step,as you say your first word,as you evolve into an adult,as u change....they are there with you in almost every stage of your life.You think no one can understand you better.Then as you get out of this protective shell,you realise things are not as easy n comfortable as you thought they were.And once your out of this shell there is no escape...you are thrown into situations n scenarios which you never even dreamt you have to face...wel forget facing it your never even knew some of them existed..and for the first time your fighting it out all alone...its then that you discover that special n rare species that you never ever encountered before...friends!!
Strangers at first..but you never even guessed that the first smile or the first handshake will take you a long way.First you try it out the formal way with the "hello's" "thank you's" "sorry's"...but then when you see how the frequency matches you starts opening up more...leading to long chats,day outs,shopping,movies,silly fights..As time passes you discover and understand each other more and get really close.You start to consider them as your family because they tend to become so..hmm maybe its different..different for the fact that they are not related by blood..but do we really care...no!!..And now when you are out fighting it al alone..when you are really exhausted and wish that life could be more easy..then you look beside you and find your friend smiling at you...giving you those much needed stress busters and then..your tempted to smile back!! Yeah rit..its different!!

5 comments:

srini said...

true da......true to every single alphabet!!

and as far as i kno...think i dont see any diff in my family and my frns...for me de are all my close ones...ppl i treasure di most n dis world!!
n yea....u r 1 of dem ;)!!
keep scribblin!!

Unknown said...

Some joys r bttr xpressd in silence as a smile holds mor meanin than words.

I ws asked if i enjoy havin u in my life....i just smiled :)

Karthika said...

"friends become family"..dats true sissy[wink]!! hehe.. jus kiddin ok! hey.. i din recognize this philosopher in U!! nice work.. enjoyed reading.. so keep blogging!!

Anand Nair said...

hey it makes such a nice read.. this cheerful scribblin of urs.... pleez kp this scribblepad posted... n hey that last line of urs, it seems, is open to interpretatn... tell me wat it means sumtime.....

Unknown said...

hey, just found your blog ..don't remember how....very interesting...I read quiet a few of your posts...very interesting...thought just drop in a word of praise..the blue ribbon of appreciation....